NODLIENT is a national network of distance learning libraries for sharing collections, e-resources and services on a common platform. Currently access to the network resources is open to IGNOU Community, and soon it would be extended to state open universities, and distance education institutes attached to conventional universities.
NODLINET is mandated to offer 24 X 7 online access to electronic resources, anywhere, anytime to authorized members of the NODLINET network.
Other activities of the network include:
- library automation on a centrally hosted system.
- content digitization (of exam papers, course materials, course readings and institutional publications)
- strengthening of ICT infrastructure in Libraries
- standards for library development
- information literacy tutorials and
- linkages with consortium networks in the country.
The Open and Distance Learning System is vast and complex. NODLINET addresses issues of equity in the delivery of information services at par with conventional system to the millions of Open Learners-faculty, counselors, researchers and students in remote setting of the country.