Functions and Activities
Updated on 20 Sep, 2017
- Preparation of Strategic Plans which include Five-Year Plans of the University.
- Preparation and coordination of EFC for consideration of MHRD.
- University Review.
- Performance Audit of the University in coordination with MHRD and CAG.
- Mid-term appraisal of Plans.
- Annual Plans and Annual Action Plan of the University.
- Special Component Plan (SCP) and Tribal Sub Plan (TSP) Plans.
- Performance Audit and coordination with Audit party and Ministry (MHRD).
- Need assessment and survey for new programmes.
- Preparation of research reports, survey reports, brochures, manuals or any other report for policy analysis like manpower planning, Phase forms, impact studies etc.
- Annual Report preparation for the University and placing before the Board of Management.
Development of Strategies and Formulation of action plans for the University
- Processing of new programme proposals from Schools / Units for approval of Academic programme Committee (APC) and the Planning Board.
- Assisting, coordinating the University Review Committees appointed by the Planning Board and the Board of Management from time to time.
- Strategic issues in programme identification and preparation of courses.
Costs and Funding
- Programme Delivery Costs.
- Cost Analysis of Programmes / activities.
- Quality assessment of various programmes and services.
- Development of performance indicators for academic activities.
Project Control Unit (a.k.a. Project Facilitation Unit)
- Monitoring, processing and coordination for the externally funded projects.
- Vetting and processing of MOUs and MOCs with outside institutions for academic activities.
- Assigning Programme, Course codes and Colour scheme for new academic programmes.
- Database related to academic programmes and activities for placing it before the Planning Board and publishing it in the Annual Report and Vice Chancellor’s Report of the University.
- All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE).
Programme Evaluation and Feedback Studies
- Review and evaluation of academic programmes.
- Programme evaluation and impact studies.
- Feedback studies on programmes and support services.
Sharing of IGNOU Self Learning Instructional Materials
- Create, review and operationalize the policy and procedure for sharing of IGNOU’s Self Learning Instructional Materials (SLIM) with SOUs and Dual Mode Institutions.
Research Studies and Data / Information Analysis
- In order to strengthen the plans, policies, academic and support services of the University.
- Research studies and data / information analysis in the areas of economics of education, manpower requirement analysis, quality control, need assessment and feedback studies.
Database & Management Information system
- Maintain database and Management Information System of policy decision support. The requisite data along with its analysis and information is provided to internal / external authorities.