In 1999 the School of Computer and Information Sciences launched its Virtual Campus Initiative (VCI) and introduced the following two dynamic programmes under VCI:
1. Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT): a three-year undergraduate degree programme incorporating curriculum and award of Higher National Diploma (HND) from Edexcel Foundation, UK. and Advanced Diploma in Information Technology (ADIT) a one-year high-end P.G. diploma programme under the sponsorship of Ministry of Information Technology, Govt. of India.
Highlights of the programme are
- On-line teaching/learning through the Tele Learning Centres showing state of art computing and communication facilities
- Emphasis on hands on learning
- Outcome based learning
- Integration of Common Skills (termed as key skills in UK) in BIT
- Transfer of credits through HND for progression into undergraduate degree programmes worldwide.
- Exposure to huge amount of educational resources available through worldwide web.
Both the programmes have received due appreciation from educationists and students alike. Admission to the programmes is through entrance test.