Prof Aslam is also ‘Project Leader’ for IGNOU-MOPR-UNDP project on ‘Capacity Building of PRIs through a Multi-Mode Training Intervention’ being implemented in six states namely Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Uttrakhand with the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) as the implementing agency.
- As a Project Director, Panchayati Raj Project, developed a Multi-Media Distance Education package for Panchayati Raj Functionaries elected throughout the country. The package was introduced among 58,000 elected functionaries of Panchayats in 4 selected districts of Madhya Pradesh. This multi-media package has been conferred COL President’s Award of Excellence at PAN Commonwealth Forum in March,1999.
- Prof Aslam completed an ADB/Price Waterhouse Project on “Strengthening Local Self-Govt. in Madhya Pradesh”. A video programme produced under this Project “On the Threshold of 21stCentury” won SONY International Award (1999) in Japan.
- Bangladesh Open University honoured Prof. Aslam with special award in June, 2004 for successful completion of Panchayati Raj Project in India and its replication in Bangladesh.
- Prof Aslam was conferred, ‘ Professional Excellence Award’ Of Mewat Development Society by the Union Minister for Panchayats, in August, 2007.
- Prof Aslam is also currently ‘Project Leader’ for IGNOU-MOPR-UNDP project on ‘Capacity Building of PRIs through a Multi-Mode Training Intervention’ being implemented in six states namely Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Uttrakhand with the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) as the implementing agency.
Policy Work: Professor Aslam served as a UN expert to the ‘International Seminar on Rural Development: Policies, Strategies and Institutions’ organised by ‘ United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia’ in Beirut, Lebanon from December 20-22, 2004. Served as a member of the international group to prepare , ‘ The Global Strategic Plan for Democracy Education’ during , ‘The Pocantico Conference on Democracy Education’ organized by ‘the Council for the Community of Democracies & The American Forum for
Global Education, June,2003, New York. Also chaired Asian Group during the meeting.
Served as Resource Person and Panelist for ‘Global Solidarity for Strengthening and Expanding Democracy.’ held in Seoul, Korea on November 10-12, 2002, attended by 100 Foreign Ministers.
He served as Chairperson, Academic Committee of National Institute of Public Cooperation & Child Development (NIPCCD), New Delhi (2002) and was subsequently responsible to undertake organizational & SWOT analysis of NIPCCD .
Prof Aslam served as a member of the working Group on Communication Strategies constituted by the Union Public Service Commission under Civil Service Review Committee in 2001
Prof Aslam also served as member of the working group on Decentralised Planning and Training constituted by the Ministry of Rural Development for formulation of 10th Five Year plan, Govt. of India.
He was also member of the Media Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India in 1999.
As Director (Training) at CIRDAP the main responsibility of Prof. M. Aslam among others included to advise national institutions in member countries on matters related to training for rural development.
International Training Experience : Prof Aslam served as Director, (Training) at the Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP) based in Dhaka for about 8 years between 1981-88. CIRDAP is a regional, inter-governmental and international organisation established in 1979 by the countries of the Asia-Pacific region at the initiative of the FAO of the United Nations and with support from other UN bodies and donors. It has 14 members. These are Afghanistan, Bangladesh (host state) Burma, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar Nepal, Pakistan, Phillippines, Sri Lanka Thailand & Vietnam Dr Aslam planned, designed and directed twenty one international training courses, workshops, seminars and consultations at CIRDAP between 1981-88 involving up to fifteen countries of Asia- Pacific region.
Click here for detailed CVOfficial Address:
New Delhi - 110068
New Delhi, India