Updated on 03 Sep, 2014
The School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS) was established in 1991 to provide innovative and high quality computer science education at the doorsteps of learners with learner-centric approach exploiting the state of art Information and Communication Technologies.
To provide access to higher education opportunities in computer science courses that enable students to develop theoretical, practical knowledge and skills necessary to achieve their professionals goals, improve the productivity of their organizations and provide valuable and creative contribution to the society.
• To increase both accessibility and acceptability of IGNOU Computer Education Programmes in a coordinated way, ensuring high quality education at various academic level
through well-designed curriculum tuned to the challenging needs of the software industry and academia;
• To disseminate knowledge through an innovation multiple media teaching/learning system;
• To follow a multiple-entry and multiple –exit model for moving through a set of modular courses for a student to achieve her/his goal.
• To keep a balance between fundamental concepts, core areas of computer science and specialized skills required while designing curriculum in response to the needs of the
• To conduct quality research in the emerging areas of Computer Science
• To provide specific need based computer education and training opportunities for continuous professional development and skill up-gradation to in-service professionals