Updated on 11 Nov, 2013
The National ODL Centre for Local Governance (NOCLG) has been established to catalyze the process of democratic decentralization. It is expected that the Centre will facilitate developing a clear vision and strategy to plan and provide for an appropriate educational and training intervention to meet the challenge of facilitating and expediting the silent revolution expected to be brought about by the 73rd & 74th Amendment of the Constitution. The main objectives of the Centre will be to:
- Conduct research on specific problems and issues of local self-government institutions and related areas;
- Design and develop appropriate multi-mode educational and training interventions/courses necessary for capacity building of elected members and functionaries of local self-government institutions;
- Hold consultative conferences or other meetings to create a conducive environment for effective policy inputs and field level implementation of development interventions taken up by of local self-government institutions;
- Establish linkage with similar institutions in the country as well as similar organizations in other countries towards the furtherance of above objectives; and
- Serve as a clearing house for information sharing on various aspects of local self-governance and promote dissemination of information through publications.