Dr Saumya is an Assistant Professor at School of Social Work, IGNOU. She did her B.A in Sociology from Miranda House and M.A in Social Work at Department of Social Work, University of Delhi (was awarded University Gold Medal) followed by a year of policy research at ActionAid, Chhattisgarh in the area of ‘Right to Food’.
She holds a Ph.D degree in Social Work from University of Delhi, and was recipient of Junior & Senior Research Fellowship from UGC between 2003 and 2006. Prior to joining IGNOU, she taught at University of Delhi as Lecturer in Department of Social Work.
Her academic and research interests include Communalism, Conflict Resolution, Social Security, and Community Organization.
- Advisory Committee for Doctoral Research at Department of Social Work, University of Delhi
- Registered with General Social Care Council (GSCC), England.
- Life Member, National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI).
- Communalising Minds, Constructing Boundaries (2009), New Generation Press, Delhi.
- “Majority-Minority Relations: Trajectories of Saffron Schema”, in Seema Sharma and Manoj K. Jha (ed.), In Opposition to Silence, 2009, AlterNotes Press, New Delhi.
- “Communalism: Narratives in Chhattisgarh”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol 43, No. 2, 12-18 January, 2008.
- “Community Mobilisation: The Communal Way” (Working Paper)
Room No. 118,
New Delhi - 110068