This Programme is developed with the financial support of Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development, Govt of India.
The main objective of the Diploma in Watershed Management Programme is capacity building and human resource development in order to realise the desired objectives of watershed development projects by their effective and efficient planning and implementation. However, the specific objectives of the programme are as under:
- Introduce the principles of the watershed management approach and the value of working at a watershed;
- Generate awareness about the importance of sustainable development and maintenance of natural resources;
- Delineate different techniques for accessing and predicting physical, chemical and socio-economic conditions with in a watershed including water quality;
- Mobilisation and capacity building of rural youth, women and landless;
- Develop skills for development of small scale irrigation and water supply structures for human being and livestock through water and soil conservation strategies; and
- Develop human resource in watershed development and management.