ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
The B.Ed. programme focuses on:
- developing an understanding of context of education in contemporary Indian Society,
- appreciating the role of context and socio-political realities about learners in facilitating learning in inclusive settings,
- creating sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in teaching-learning process
- developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum,
- identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in school, classroom, curricula, textbook, social institutions, etc.,
- enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences,
- developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning,
- engaging student-teachers with self, child, community and school to establish close connections between different curricular areas,
- enabling student-teachers to integrate and apply ICT in facilitating teaching-learning process and in school management,
- systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student teachers, and
- providing first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging student-teachers as interns in secondary/senior secondary schools.
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India.
The candidate will be required to submit the filled-in application form with self-attested copies of documents as specified in Entrance-cum-Admission Form. The original documents are to be submitted later for verification, after receiving offer letter for admission.
The Entrance Test will be held on the date mentioned in the advertisement. Hall tickets will be uploaded on IGNOU website; www.ignou.ac.in for appearing in the Entrance Test.
Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test would not amount to acceptance of their eligibility for admission to B.Ed. The final admission to the programme shall be subject to their rank in the merit list in the Entrance Test and production of proof of their eligibility at the time of last date of submission of application for admission to B.Ed. programme along with original certificates and programme fee.
The number of seats of each PSC is limited to 50 only. The university reserves the right to conduct the examination at different centers/change the examination centre of the candidates without assigning any reason thereof.
Rs. 20,000/- (under consideration for revision)
Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. programme are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled-in application form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of fee.
The programme fee should be paid only by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where your Regional Centre is situated. Please write in capital letters your name and the programme to which admission is sought, i.e., B.Ed., on the back of the Demand Draft to ensure proper credit of your fee to the relevant account.